Let us define the term Coaching before we look at the benefits of Coaching:
– According to the Cambridge Dictionary –
“Coaching is the act of giving special classes in sports, a school object, or a work-related activity, especially to one person or a small group.”
Coaching has many definitions according to Google – but the definition that really speaks to me is the one found in Wikipedia
“Coaching is a form of development in which an experienced person, called a coach, supports a learner or client in achieving a specific personal or professional goal by providing training and guidance.”
Because of this definition, I strongly believe that EVERY person can benefit from Coaching.
But to be specific, let’s focus on Entrepreneurs (professionals) who are business owners and driven to reach their goals.
How can you benefit from coaching?
Coaching is an informal relationship between two people, of whom one has more experience and expertise than the other, and offers advice and guidance as the latter learns, but coaching differs from mentoring by focusing on specific tasks or objectives, as opposed to more general goals or overall development.
In my blog post, Key differences between Coaching and Mentoring, we dive deeper into each definition and the benefits of each type of service.
As an Entrepreneur, managing your own business and wanting to do things smarter, you will definitely benefit from any type of Coaching.
8 BENEFITS OF COACHING
- IMPROVEMENT of your self-confidence and relationships
- CLARITY on your wishes and goals you would like to reach in your life, business, or projects
- DEVELOPING the ability to create new solutions and new ideas
- INCREASING your productivity to improve your work-life balance
- ACTIONABLE steps to changes create personal development
- RENEWING your perspectives and insights into yourself
- BECOMING more accountable get results faster
- LEARNING how to take advantage of your strengths and resources so it will bring you closer to reaching your goals
The benefits of coaching alone should empower you to choose to hire a coach, but I know not everyone understands how these benefits could make an impact in their lives.
So let’s look at the reasons why you should consider hiring a coach:
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE A COACH
- You want to achieve your goals and be successful but you do not know HOW to do it
- You are struggling and lacking the self-confidence to do things that move you out of your comfort zones
- You feel constantly stressed and you are going through big transitions in your life, career, or business
- You want to understand yourself better and identify blind spots that can help foster greater relationships
- You want to make better use of your time, resources, and abilities
- You want honest feedback and new perspectives
- You want to reach your full potential
- You want to make more money or take the next step in your business or career
- You want to boost your overall thinking, mindset, and wellbeing
- You want to be better and do things easier, differently and make an impact
As with many things in life, not one single type of Coach will bring you these results.
There are many different types of Coaches and we all could benefit from at least one type of Coach once in our lives.
While the focus behind coaching differs, all coaching is typically reflective rather than directive in a manner.
The Business Coaching category includes:
- Executive Coaching
- Enhancing performance
- Taking talents and abilities to a new level
- Helping someone to adjust to new situations or a transition
- Reflect and develop a personal awareness of their strengths and work on weaknesses
- Career Coaching
- Skills assessments
- Understanding the job market
- Understanding organizational processes
- Identifying opportunities and career-based roles and how they are good fits
- Developing career transition plans
- Helping understand the world of work and their own personal development
- Enhancing employability
- Skills Coaching
- Identifying and refining career goals
- Flagging objectives within existing roles
- Recognizing personal and career development needs
- Upskilling to enable better performance linked to achieving specific tasks
- Achieving both individual and company objectives
Relationship Coaching focuses on everything from:
- Questioning Assumptions
- Conflict resolutions
- Effective communication techniques
- Stress Management
- Identifying behavioral patterns & triggers
- Setting clear and healthy boundaries
- Emotional Wellness
- Uncovering new listening mechanisms
- Assisting with ways to better express feelings and views
Life Coaching focuses on:
- Personal outcomes
- Explore what you want in life
- Define attainable dreams and aspirations
- Find answers and ways to achieve their goals
- Highlight and understand their own potential, skills and talents
If you need further advice on the benefits of Coaching, to take the next step, or need a helping hand to show you how to achieve your end goals, do reach out to me for ways how I can help you move forward.
You are also INVITED to join my FREE Facebook Group, EXCELSIOR, for a community of Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners to help, support, and empower each other!
Also do not miss out to subscribe to receive our newsletters for regular valuable business insights.
Hope to see you soon!