7 Reasons WHY you should hire an Accountant
Accountants help at various stages during the growth of your business.
Accountants are equipped to handle the tricky and complex issues beyond managing your payroll and tax returns.
So when is your small business ready to consider hiring an accountant?
First, let’s look at the various challenges a growing small business face on a regular basis:
1. Starting your business journey
- A small business requires a proper business plan and the help of someone who understands the industry, the challenges, and the opportunities available.
- Finding funds to cover initial costs could result in the need to apply for finance or loans where it will be wise to have proper financial or cash flow forecasts drafted.
- Implementing the right systems to comply with several legislations and taxation requirements could result in having an expert to guide you through these processes and systems.
2. Moving towards growing
- As a small business, you will not need to employ a full-time accountant, sometimes just a couple of hours a week or per month is enough to help you stay on the right path.
- Like all small businesses, you are looking to save money. When it comes to dealing with profits, employee’s and suppliers, it is wise to get the help of an expert to ensure the correct taxes are provided for on profits, accurate employee’s taxes are deducted on payroll and cash flow is secure to settle supplier bills within due dates to prevent unnecessary interests and penalties.
- Trying to do tasks that could result in errors due to the lack of knowledge and skill can cost your business more than paying a fee for an expert to deal with it from the start.
3. Accelerating towards thriving
- When your business stays compliant, saves time and money by hiring expert help at the right times, you might end up wanting to scale your business to the next level.
- Many business owners do not know how to do this due to the lack of insight or they just do not want to take any risks.
- An accountant can ensure that you are guided on wealth management and systems to implement to ensure further resources are used wisely for future success.
So, looking at all the moments during the life of a typical small business, you might want to hire an accountant to help you move forward, faster.
Let’s now look at 7 reasons why you should consider hiring an Accountant for your small business:
Reason 1: You will require advice when you write your business plan
Reason 2: You will require advice and guidance about your business’s legal structure
Reason 3: You will need an accountant to help with knowing and understanding your numbers
Reason 4: You will need to delegate certain tasks to an expert
Reason 5: You will need an expert to deal with the Government
Reason 6: You will need guidance when your business is growing and you want to expand
Reason 7: You will need proper expert advice when you want to sell your business
Accountants can help you at every stage of your business journey
and there are many more reasons why you would benefit from hiring an accountant.
When you do decide to hire an accountant, the right accountant will contribute to making your life easier, so you can concentrate on doing what you love.
Virtual accountants and cloud-based accounting software enable you to track everything your accountant does and it will always give you access to your business’s financial situation in real-time reporting. Making decisions will be easier and growing your business will be faster.
You might want to download my Infographic on 7 Signs you need an Accountant for more clarity on why you need to hire an accountant for your small business.
When you are ready to consider hiring an accountant, please do reach out to me for a free discovery session to find ways to help you move forward, faster.
You are also INVITED to join my FREE Facebook Group, EXCELSIOR, for a community of Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners to help, support, and empower each other!
Also do not miss out to subscribe to receive our newsletters for regular valuable business insights.
Hope to see you soon!